background

Monday, August 29, 2011

prosciutto tea sandwich


Sandwiches are awesome for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. I grew up bringing packed lunches to school, and a standard ham and egg sandwich was a regular in my brown paper bag. It was one of the few more American lunches my Mom would make.


These small bites were based on the "Serrano Ham Tea Sandwiches." I couldn't find serrano ham at my local market, so I substituted prosciutto, which is similar in the sense that it is sliced paper thin and salt cured. I used store bought wheat and white bread for assembly. I don't own a flower cookie cutter, so I just used a standard circle in its place; not quite as cute, but worked none the less.


I prepared these in the afternoon and just stuck them in the fridge until ready to serve. I liked them lightly toasted, just enough to warm the prosciutto and slightly melt the cheese. I had a bunch of extra ones, which became snacks for my friends. Overall consensus? A fancier take on a simple ham and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment